Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Qi Gong Reflection

On Friday our class underwent the Qi Gong meditation. It was led by a Chinese meditation master who was taped over by someone explaining the directions in English. At first, I was really into the meditation. I closed my eyes, raised my hands, and participated. With time, however, it got harder. I began to look out the corners of my eyes to see if others were struggling; they were. It was very difficult. I was very impressed by a couple of people, especially Mr. Summers and Alex. They were able, I think, to truly enter the Qi Gong meditative state. I admire them for that. So much of me wanted to succeed, but I just couldn't do it this time. Maybe it takes practice. I was however, able to find peace in the silence, broken only by the voice of the meditation master, telling me to take deep breaths. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment